Why God Made Moms
Answers given by elementary school age children to the following
did God make mothers?
She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used
ingredients are mothers made of?
God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything
nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly
use string, I think.
did God give you your mother and not some other Mom?
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like
kind of little girl was your Mom?
My Mom has always been my Mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be
3. They say she used to be nice.
did Mom need to know about dad before she married him?
His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he
get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and
YES to chores?
did your Mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
the boss at your house?
Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than
the difference between moms and dads?
Moms work at work & work at home, & dad just go to work
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real
power' cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over
at your friend's.
4. Moms have magic; they make you feel better without medicine.
does your Mom do in her spare time?
Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
would it take to make your Mom perfect?
On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind
of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?
She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get
rid of that.
2. I'd make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister
who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on
THE MOMMY TEST
was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She picked up something
off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the
item away from her and I asked her not to do that.
my daughter asked.
it's been lying outside, you don't know where it's been, it's
dirty and probably has germs" I replied.
this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and
asked, "Wow! How do you know all this stuff?"
was thinking quickly, "All moms know this stuff. It's on
the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be
walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently
pondering this new information. "OH...I get it!" she
beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be the
I replied back with a big smile on my face and joy in my heart.