The 17-page Kids' Wings unit for the Deborah Wiles's novel, Each Little Bird That Sings, will enable your students to build basic skills while collaborating in the reading of this touching story, told by 12 year old girl, filled with compassion and endearing relationships. The surprising conclusion adds a touch of sadness. The unit guides student study in exciting reading activities for an excellent easy novel set in a family funeral parlor in fictious Snapfinger, Mississippi.
Activities in the unit include:
- a logic puzzle to introduce characters,
- anticipation guide,
- predict/confirm chapter questions,
- crossword puzzle,
- multiple choice chapter check-ups,
- Using Resources to Check Facts,
- Editing and Revising a Letter,
- Be the Illustrator,
- Mapping the Story,
- Describing the Character of the Story's Character,
- Math Scaling the Map,
- Writing Prompts, and
- answer pages.