Two silly primary picture books, Sally and the Purple Socks by Lisze Bechtold and Billy & Milly, Short & Silly by Eve Feldman are paired to provide fun with words and short silly stories for first grade where students will be challenged to follow easy directions and solve problems. For non-readers, sentence memory can be build by the teacher reading and students repeating afterward. Repetition is recommended and fun!
The VERY primary activities in Sally and the Purple Socks include:
- A Readers' Theater Script
- Discussion Cards
- Easy Logic Puzzle
- Easy Multiple Choice Comprehension
- Holey Shirt Creative Thinking
- Sock It To Me Math
- Extending the Problem--Draw Another Possibility
- Decorate a Sock
- Draw and Solve (follow directions)
- Bill or Beak Activity
- Answer Keys
Billy & Milly, Short & Silly by Eve Feldman have five pages of silly fun.