Four Award Winning Baseball Picture Books showcases 33 pages of activities for Honus and Me, Home Run-The Story of Babe Ruth, Shoeless Joe and Black Betsy, and Lou Gehrig-The Luckiest Man. The 12-page Kids' Wings unit for Honus and Me by Dan Gutman gives students an opportunity to improve vocabulary, comprehension, and cooperative group skills while enjoying a time-travel baseball story.
The unit includes group
- Dialectical Journal Warm Ups,
- Baseball Lingo Bingo;
- What Could Joe Do with Half a Million?
- What Could I Do with Half A Million? T
- he Character of the Character,
- A Report Card;
- Soaring Similes, Illustrating;
- Collect Similes! Act Them Out!
- Vocabulary Building Multiple Choice;
- Joe's Jobs Math; Take a Stand Corners,
- a Multiple Choice Action Activity;
- The Turn of the Century Brainstorm and Play;
- Baseball Then--Baseball Now--Baseball,
- Tomorrow Research;
- Sports On-Line;
- Writing Prompts;
- Answer Keys