6 Ocean and Pirates Books: Kids' Wings presents 84 pages of activities for six books about Oceans and Pirates that cross the genres!
This collection contains these books:
The Giant Rat of Sumatra by Sid Fleischman- An exciting novel for grades 4-8, includes a Jeopardy-type game
Pirates a realistic poetry picture book illustrated with full-page paintaings of realistic pirates by David L. Harrison
The Thirteenth Floor by Sid Fleischman, Time Travel/Ghost Story;
Seadogs: An Epic Ocean Operetta by Lisa Wheeler Graphic Novel;
Sea Clocks by Louise Borden, Biography of John Harrison who discovered how to use LONGITUDE to navigate the ocean;
How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long, Primary Picture Book.
- Prereading group discussion cards,
- readers' theater scripts,
- vocabulary games,
- getting Ready to Read Nonfiction,
- predict/confirm chapter questions,
- map activities,
- character studies,
- crossword puzzles,
- fluency chart,
- story plot,
- multiple-choice comprehension activities,
- dramatizing a mock trial,
- sequencing the events,
- logic puzzle,
- writing prompts,
- things that are important to me,
- converting a graphic novel to a narrative,
- designing a treasure hunt,
- comparing movie and book,
- note taking,
- storybooks for a pirate,
- wanted posters,
- prewriting to writing.
- Answer Keys.